Town of Coopertown is subject to the Tennessee Open Records Act. Background checks will be conducted. EOE
Police Department Opening(s):
Full-time position for Patrol Officer of Coopertown Police Department
Applications will be accepted through Friday, January 24, 2020 at 3:00 pm CST.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• High school degree or equivalent. (A bachelor's degree in criminal justice and/or additional certifications are a plus)
• Possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license
• Must be POST certified or able to be POST certified as an officer in the State of Tennessee (meaning the applicant has successfully completed a Tennessee POST approved law enforcement academy or transition school)
• Be able to qualify with firearms
• Pass a drug screen, psychological and physical evaluation
• Be of good moral character determined by background investigation
• The individual hired must reside within 30 miles of the city within 60 days of date of hire.
• Not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances.
• Not been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
Starting pay range is $31,000 to $34,000. Salary is DOQ
Benefits include, but not limited to:
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Matching TCRS Retirement plan
• Paid time off
Mail resume, cover letter, and full list of training and certifications to:
Town of Coopertown,
2525 Burgess Gower Rd.,
Springfield, TN 37172,
Attn: Emily McKellar
Street Department Opening(s):
Street Department Seasonal Labor position(s) available
40 hours per week.
Starting wage $15+ per hour (based on experience), holiday pay included.
Must be able to pass drug screen.
Please apply in person at Coopertown City Hall,
2525 Burgess Gower Rd. Springfield, TN 37172
Town of Coopertown is an Equal Opportunity Employer