Town of Coopertown is subject to the Tennessee Open Records Act. Background checks will be conducted. EOE
Police Department Opening(s):
*Full-time position for Patrol Officer of Coopertown Police Department*
Applications will be accepted through Friday, November 13, 2020 at 3:00pm. CST
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• High school degree or equivalent. (A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and/or additional certifications are a plus)
• Possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license
• Must be able to be POST certified as an officer in the State of Tennessee (meaning the applicant must be able to successfully complete a Tennessee POST approved law enforcement academy or transition school).
• Be able to qualify with firearms
• Pass a drug screen, psychological and physical evaluation
• Be of good moral character determined by background investigation
• Not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances.
• Not been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
Starting pay range is $33,000 to $37,000. Salary is DOQ
Benefits include, but not limited to:
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Matching TCRS Retirement plan
• Paid time off
Mail resume, cover letter, and full list of training and certifications to:
Town of Coopertown,
2525 Burgess Gower Rd.,
Springfield, TN 37172,
Attn: Emily McKellar
Street Department Opening(s):
*Street Department - 3 Seasonal Labor position(s) available*
40 hours per week.
Starting wage $15+ per hour (based on experience), holiday pay included.
Must be able to pass drug screen.
Please mail application's to:
Coopertown City Hall
2525 Burgess Gower Rd.
Springfield, TN 37172
E-Mail application's to:
Print your application here: Employment Application
Town of Coopertown is an Equal Opportunity Employer