Barrel Fest 5 Miler
Come run or walk this scenic, gently rolling 5 mile USATF Certified Course that includes a portion of the Historic Trail of Tears. This family friendly event sponsored by the Coopertown Community Development Committee conveniently starts and ends at Coopertown City Hall, 2525 Burgess Gower Rd., Springfield, TN 37172.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERKS!
- Chip timed by TN Race Timing on a USATF Certified Loop Course.
- All participants receive a goodie bag containing EXCLUSIVE money saving coupons to use at local businesses as well as at the 4th Annual Coopertown Barrel Festival being held the same day.
- $100 prize to the 1st Place Overall Male & Female Finisher
- $50 prize to 2nd Place Overall Male & Female Finisher
- $25 prize to the 3rd Place Overall Male & Female Finisher
- 3-Deep Age Group Awards (14 & Under, 15“19, 20“24, 25“29, 30“34, 35“39, 40“44, 45“49, 50“54, 55“59, 60“64, 65-69, 70“74, 75+)
- Master (40+) and Grand Masters (50+) Male & Female Finishers Awards
- All finishers receive a unique finisher medal
- Post-race refreshments
- Awards Ceremony Starts at approximately 8:45 a.m., or when the last participant crosses the finish line.
- EXCLUSIVE EARLY ENTRY into the 4th ANNUAL COOPERTOWN BARREL FESTIVAL. Before the general public is admitted, race participants will already be enjoying live music, antique tractor display, classic car show, kids games & inflatables, all types of food and drink vendors, and a truly unique shopping experience... Approximately 200 vendor booths are expected to set up again in the Historic District of Coopertown. And as always, the shuttle, admittance and parking are FREE!
REGISTER EARLY AND SAVE!
Or click here for a paper REGISTRATION FORM
Register by May 18th to be guaranteed an awesome gender specific tech shirts!
Register thru April 15 = $35 Guaranteed Tech Shirt
April 16 thru May 18 = $40 Guaranteed Tech Shirt
May 19 thru race day June 2 = $45 Tech Shirt is NOT Guaranteed
On-Line Registration cut-off is NOON, Wednesday, MAY 30th, however, registrations will be taken at Coopertown City Hall the week of the race. Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and race morning, 5:30 a.m. - 6:45 a.m.
If mailing a paper registration, please mail no later than May 28th to be sure it arrives in time for processing
Early packet pickup starts Friday, June 1 from 1:00 - 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, race day, from 5:30 a.m. - 6:45 a.m.
PACKET PICKUP: Stop by Coopertown City Hall, 2525 Burgess Gower Rd., Springfield, TN. 37172
Friday, June 1: 1:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
OR Saturday June 2, Race Day: 5:30 a.m. - 6:45 a.m. Central Time (Note: There will be no parking at City Hall on race day).
RACE DAY PARKING: Parking is not available on City Hall grounds on race day.
Ample parking is available catty corner from Coopertown City Hall located at Hwy 49 & Burgess Gower Rd. Look for the signs. There is also parking at Coopertown Middle School which is located at 3820 Hwy 49 West, Springfield, or at Coopertown Elementary School located at 3746 Tennessee 49, Springfield, TN 37172. Both are within walking distance of City Hall where the race will start/finish.
Note: If parking at Coopertown Middle School (C.M.S.), please arrive before 6:45 a.m. The course runs on the road behind the Middle School then circles around the front parking lot near the main entrance to the Middle School. The roads into C.M.S. will be temporarily closed to traffic entering/exiting school property at approximately 6:50 a.m. This will effect traffic trying to enter into the main entrance of C.M.S. off Hwy 49 and the back entrance off Burgess Gower Road. Once all racers have passed through that area the entrance/exit to Hwy 49 will reopen. Burgess Gower Road will close at 6:50 a.m. and will not reopen until the last participant nears the finish line.
If parking at Coopertown Elementary School please be advised that you will need to walk across State Hwy 49 to get to the start/finish line at Coopertown City Hall. We will station a Crossing Guard at Hwy 49 & Burgess Gower Roads to assist in getting you across the intersection safely, however, if aid is not present when you arrive, be cautious when crossing Hwy 49 on foot. We strongly discourage children from crossing at this location unless a Traffic Guard or Police Officer is present.
5 Mile Route - Click on the link below for the 5 mile USATF Certified Route.
AID STATIONS - Water will be provided at every mile; Gatorade will be provided at miles 2, 3 and 4.
Some housekeeping notes:
We ask that strollers line up at the rear.
As much as we love dogs, we must prohibit dogs from the race course for safety reasons.
Because this is not a 100% closed course, headsets are discouraged.
There will be no refunds and no transfers, and no freebies.
This race will take place rain or shine, heat or humidity.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! If you aren't running, or if you are running but you're bringing loved ones who are not, we would love to have them assist in some small way. It's only an hour or so of their time and it helps us put on a fantastic race experience for the participants. We need folks who can help with packet pickup and late registration on Friday and again early Saturday morning. We need volunteers to stand and direct runners at turns, we need a group to sponsor a fluids station, even help with setting up the post-race food tent. If you are available on Friday we need help posting directional signage, lining the start/finish with hay bales, etc. All volunteers working a 4.00 hour shift receive a Barrel Festival t-shirt. Contact Vicky Bumgardner, Race Director, if interested: email@example.com or (615) 382-4470, ext. 215.
SPONSORSHIPS AT ALL LEVELS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RACE A SUCCESS!!!!
We still need sponsors for post-race food and beverages, ice, awards, items for the goodie bags, etc. Please fill out the form below and return it to the Race Director if you want to play a role in this awesome event.
Thank you to TN Race Timing again for being our timing company for 2018! www.tnracetiming.com
Questions? E-mail the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org